My name is Maho and I work at the “MOSHI MOSHI Kimono Salon,” a kimono rental shop in Harajuku.
I have experience in styling hair and make-up for artists, and when it comes to cosmetics, I’m a pro!
Today, I’m going to explain simply how to do “Lolita” make-up, a style that’s very popular outside Japan too.
Base: THREE Angelic Complexion Primer 04
Foundation: ESTEE LADDER IAWIBONE
Powder: Kesalan Patharan Sheer Micro Powder
Concealer: THREE Advanced Smoothing Concealer 02
Cheeks: canmake Cream Cheek 05
Eyebrows: BR-2 Cassis Brown
KATEKATE Eyebrow Colour N Light Brown
Eyeshadow: MAKEUP REVOLUTION LONDON Palette
canmake Secret Colour Eyes 01
Etude House Dear My Enamel Lips Talk Pink 010
Transparent Lip Gloss
- Cover redness with an initial green contour.
- Cover spots, eye circles and any other blemishes thoroughly with concealer.
- Gently pat on a foundation that covers well with your powder puff.
- Apply cream cheek to the middle of your cheeks in a swirling motion.
- Dab on powder with a brush.
- Add shading below your nose.
Note: Making your nose and mouth look closer together will give you that baby-face look!
- Use powder on your eyebrows to draw them parallel.
- Use eyebrow mascara to make your eyebrows shimmer.
- Apply a pearlized beige around the whole of your eyelids.
- Layer eyelids with pink eye shadow.
- Shade the edges of your eyelids with reddish-brown eye shadow.
- Swipe on eyeliner making sure to get between the cracks of your eyelashes and make it a little thicker above your pupil. Flick a wing with your eyeliner in the corner of your eyes.
Note: This will make your pupils look bigger.
- Draw shadows on your eyebags with eyebrow powder.
- Bring out puffiness by using pearlized beige eyeshadow on your eyebags.
- Apply pink eyeshadow to 1/3 of the corner of your eye.
- Lightly shade above that with brown eyeshadow.
*In if you want to add volume to your eyelashes, you can use natural and transparent brown fake eyelashes.
Recommendation: Diamond Rush Fairy Eye
Bring out the length of your lower lashes with lengthening mascara after the base mascara has set.
- Shade the colour of your lips with foundation on a powder puff.
- Coat the inside of your lips with a pink red.
- Shade off the line of your lips with a cotton bud.
- Cover your lips with a glittery gloss.
What do you think?
Lolita make-up gives your face a sweet and childish look, making it perfect for those days when you want to kawaii yourself up.
The Lolita style also incorporates techniques that deviate from usual make-up routines, so be sure to try challenging yourself!
The cosmetic items used today can be purchased the following stores in Harajuku.
Kokumin Drug – Harajuku Branch
This is a drug store that has a big make-up section. It’s also located down Takeshita Street meaning it’s easy to get to!
ETUDE HOUSE Laforet Harajuku
This is cosmetic shop handles South Korean cosmetics and is popular even with Japanese people. This one can also be found down Takeshita Street.
ISETEN MiRROR Tokyu Plaza Omotesando Harajuku
A cosmetic select shop located inside Tokyu Plaza. The great thing about this place is that you can try out cosmetics from various brands.
Help Me Choose! Japan’s trending makeup: #1 lipsticks loved by everyone!
FASHION ・ 22.March.2019
Rilakkuma Halloween Themed Brushes Released in Collaboration With Kumano Brush
FASHION ・ 20.October.2018
Get Your Halloween Makeup Done Professionally at Atelier Haruka
FASHION ・ 03.September.2018
Let’s wear a kimono and enjoy Harajuku! 7 recommended photo spots in Ura-Harajuku
FASHION ・ 10.March.2018
Taiwanese Model Kimi Visits Harajuku’s Tourist Spots in a Kimono
FEATURES ・ 25.January.2018
“Kawaii Oiran (Japanese courtesan) Experience” started at “MOSHI MOSHI Kimono Salon” which is a rental kimono shop in Harajuku
FASHION ・ 28.November.2017
Seal Your Makeup With One Spray of “Majolica Majorca Wonder Fixer”♡
FASHION ・ 22.July.2017
How to dress like a Lolita girl
FASHION ・ 18.March.2017
Miwonderful is a Japanese international make-up artist who has the world smiling with her make-up skills!
FASHION ・ 16.November.2016